Sink before:
Tub before:
Curtain before (with a little of the new paint):
First I spray painted the mirrors. Before they were brown, but they were peeling and weren't in the best shape:
.
Two thin coats later, they looked like this while they were drying outside:
In addition to the mirrors and shower curtain, we bought a rack for over the toilet (we have very little counter space), a red bathmat, and a couple of black towels. We spent Friday night painting, and Saturday morning I tried to tackle painting the ceiling white. I quickly learned that doing ceiling cut in work on a highly textured ceiling/wall combo is torture, so I abandoned that and painted the ceiling gray too. The gray reads a little blue in these photos, but it is a true gray in person. We're pretty happy with the sort-of finished product.
Full shot after:
Sink area after:
Curtain after:
For not a lot of money or work, I think it is a pretty big change. In the future we plan to rip out the beige tile and put in something gray or white, maybe paint the cabinets white, install cabinet hardware, and put in a new toilet. I'm keeping my eye out for some artwork and red bathroom accessories as well. As things change I'll share new photos.
Tia- This is a blog I adore and helps me with the creative flow and possibly my favorite blog of this type. Your bathroom looks great! I don't know... maybe it will inspire you to do even more. http://www.creaturecomfortsblog.com/
ReplyDeleteGood luck with renovations!
Katie :)
Ohhhh LOVE this bathroom
ReplyDelete