A number of Portland bloggers have found me lately (hi!), and I realized it really is time to update a few things and blog again! A few years ago I had another blog. My MIL was a loyal reader, and although it was pretty benign, she would take it upon herself to email my husband and complain about something I had written every.single.time I posted.
I have referred back to that old blog a few time for recipes I like or to share some photos with others, and I decided to link it back up with this blog. There are a TON of older posts now if you're bored :) Thanks to Kellie for the motivation to link them up. My MIL is no longer in my life, and the drama is long since passed, so it's nice to have all of my blogging history in one place. I started off blogging when I moved 3,000 miles from my family and friends, and it is fun to look back and see how much life has changed!
Since I last posted eons ago we have been busy! Not only is it summer (the sweet, sweet time for BBQs with friends, ice cream runs after work, and happy hours on patios), but we've been very busy getting settled in our new place. It wasn't without a few bumps in the road (FOUR attempts for the hardwood guys to get the flooring installed corectly), but overall things are going well. Boxes are unpacked, some painting has happened, and we have plans to tackle the yards (where the weeds grow knee high in less than 2 weeks - HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN??).
We also ran our first 5k. We've be training using Couch to 5k. I have never been a distance runner, even in my track days, so a 5k is really far for me. The program is 9 weeks, but at week 6 (last Friday) we did our first 5k. We had a "goal" of finishing in less than 40 minutes. Yes, I know that is very slow. It was a really hot day, which made it hard, but I finished in 39 minutes and B left me in the dust with an impressive 32 minutes. I've now been out for a week with a hurt back, and I've finally given in and I'm going to a chiropractor for the first time today. I have a Warrior Dash scheduled for Sept 11 with a few coworkers, so I really hope I can start running again this weekend. I still don't like running, but the minor weight loss has been nice, and it does feel good to be in better shape. Pre back issues I was also bike riding to work 3-4 times a week, which was nice too.
No comments:
Post a Comment