Sunday, July 17, 2011

A day in the life....

Our day yesterday:
Start out with a hot cup of coffee (heavy on the cream) and homemade blueberry muffins (which we eat before I got a chance to take a picture of them)

After a weak attempt on my part to do Week 5, Day 3 (the first long run) of Couch to 5k, we headed off to a very Portland event - Tour de Coops. Local homes open up their chicken coops so people can come look at them.
Our favorite was this one:

This lady had a beautiful yard, although waaay too many chickens (23):

We're considering getting chickens for the new house next year, and we learned a lot. I'm not worried about the chicken part, but building a coop feels overwhelming! The idea of our own fresh, cage-free, organic eggs is very appealing though.
After a quick trip to the grocery store, we headed home to get ready for the annual costume/birthday party of a friend of B's. This year's theme was Gods and Monsters. B went as Jesus (a huge hit) and I went as a goddess.
Two of my favorites were the woman just weeks away from her due date that was Buddha and the woman that was Vishnu...or was it Shiva? Either way, her costume was awesome and she made it!

This guy was funny and was all over reenacting how the Romans hate Jesus. He had a bow and arrow and randomly shot at B all night.

The entire gang:


This was our first year we went to the party, and we had a blast. It went into the wee hours of the night, and I'm tired today. But packing beckons, so I should get moving.

2 comments:

  1. I have joked with CP about getting chickens because I think that it would be AWESOME!! Fresh eggs every day would be HEAVENLY. You guys should totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found you at Our Little Apartment's blog, as I also was touting the public transportation benefits of living here in Portland! Anyway, I just wanted to say hi as I love finding/reading other Portland bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete