The blog world is such an interesting place. A blog sort of feels like a diary. It's easy to forget that the world is reading. It's especially easy to forget that people might be reading that you have NO IDEA are reading. It feels like you're spilling out thoughts to strangers in the blog world, but then you hear from someone who knows you in real life that they were upset about something you said. WHAT? How did you find my blog?
I know that most bloggers struggle with anon/known and how much to say if they blog as themselves. After finding out I'd upset many people, I've done some editing. Here is a public apology to my old co-workers. I don't feel badly about expressing my sadness that they weren't there when I needed them. We were very close, and I felt completely abandonded when I needed some support. I DO feel badly that I said some things on my blog out of anger that I didn't entirely mean. Thankfully at least one co-worker had the balls to call me out, allowed me to apologize, and we moved on.
The parts I haven't edited include the behavior of my nephew and some of the struggles with my in-laws. I stated nothing that wasn't the truth, and I'm okay with people knowing I think my nephew is a spoiled brat. I'm not the only one that thinks that, and I feel badly that this poor child is going to have to enter the world thinking that it revolves around him. Telling your child "no" actually helps them. Really, it does.
We'll see how often I can blog, but I certainly have lots to catch up on. Thanks for hanging in there while I took a break and cleaned house a little bit!
It's such a weird balance! I know that, for me, I write as though my mom is reading everything I write- and since I've given her my blog address, she is now! I used to feel like that limited me in what I could say, but now I feel like it's a safeguard and a reality check.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you were called out though, that's a scary feeling! <3