Friday, December 18, 2009

Ouch!

I've been trying to post more regularly, but time flies so quickly! I also have a new job that doesn't give me as much "dick around on the internet" time, plus I have an hour commute each way, so I'm tired when I get home!

This week I had a minor surgery on my foot for an ingrown toenail. It seemed like no big deal and it was done in an office visit. HOLY HELL they didn't tell me how much it would hurt after. I couldn't sleep because of the pain, and they hadn't given me any pain meds. Thank goodness for Vicodin left over from Bryan's gallbladder surgery in August. I couldn't get a shoe on my foot, so I went to work with one shoe and Bryan's indoor/outdoor slipper on the other foot.

Today is a bit better and I have 2 shoes on (thankfully running shoes are fine at work on a Friday). I wish they would have warned me that I couldn't exercise for 2 weeks, wouldn't be able to walk well for several days, and would be dealing with pain for up to a month! Yikes! I choose to look at the bright side though..."foot pain" may just get me out of Christmas was the in-laws! In that case, hooray for surgeries!

I can't believe Christmas is next week already. I haven't felt very Christmasy this year, although I'm not completely sure why. This has been a period of a lot of transition, and I think it has left me worn out and too tired to celebrate. I'm looking foward to a calmer 2010 and some major traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment