Quinn will never be an "easy" baby. He's not content to sit and play on his playmat alone for more than about 10 minutes. He'd be happy being carried around all day. He never stops moving while he's awake. If he's lying down, his arms and legs are moving. If he's standing up, he's bouncing and his arms are flapping away. He has two emotions - SUPER happy or SUPER pissed off. There isn't much in between. That said, the happy greatly outweighs the pissed off now, and we're having a lot of fun with him. He has a fantastic sense of humor, and he makes us laugh every day.
We've had a million rounds of illness go through our house thanks to the petri dish of daycare (bronchitis, RSV, numerous colds, norovirus, and probably others I'm forgetting). We're doing all that we can to try and take him out of daycare if finances will allow. Hopefully by spring we'll have a plan.
We started swimming lessons in January. Despite the pool being advertised as 86 degrees, it was more like 81. That's waaay to cold for babies. All of the babies in class had chattering teeth. Quinn cried and was purple within 10 minutes. I said screw it and never went back. Instead, we found a local soaking pool that is a delightful 100 degrees. It's FULL of babies, and Quinn loves it. He splashes and squeals with delight.

He also loves bath time

He and I started a game a couple of months ago where I peek at him through the bars of his crib when he wakes up. Every.single.time I get this huge smile. It's one of my favorite parts of the day.

He has also learned to sit, and mobility is not far behind

He loves being outside in the fresh air, even if it is cold outside

He's our little superhero, and we love him :) More updates to come, but for now the lure of bed calls. Mr. Q is nowhere near sleeping through the night, so 9pm is bedtime around here!
.jpg)

That morning smile is absolutely ADORABLE.
ReplyDeleteoh GAH I have a high need baby as well so I totally feel you. it's so smart to take him to the soaking pool! I keep trying to take mine to mcmenamins and getting foiled by nap timing and tantrums. You've newly inspired me.
ReplyDeleteThat crib smile is killer - what a face! As much as it tickles me to see Quinn in such a happy state, I'm even happier to see you in a place where you can write about it!
ReplyDelete