Monday, September 24, 2012

Newborn photos

I'm having an internal battle about posting lately.  I won't lie, things have been hard.  Really hard.  We have a colicky baby, and some days feel endless.  I debate about writing about the hard parts - not because I think parents shouldn't be honest, but I'm not sure if I want my (sometimes negative) thoughts about my baby written down for all eternity. I don't share about the rough times much even with people I know because I don't want people to think I don't love and adore my little boy.  I do! I just adore him more when he's not screaming! I know these times are fleeting, and I know things are going to get better.  They already are, although today was a rough day (I think it's is 12 week growth spurt a few days early).

For now, I'll tide you all over with some photos from our newborn photo shoot, when he was 3 weeks old.  The first one is our absolute favorite.  My dad dubbed it his "shar pei" look :)  He has now grown into his skin and I already miss that tiny little guy.

Quinn newborn-KLP-81

Quinn newborn-KLP-71

Quinn newborn-KLP-40

Quinn newborn-KLP-15

Quinn newborn-KLP-54

Only 2 weeks late in blogging, here is his 2 month photo.  He has definitely filled out.  He was gaining about 1/2 an ounce per day for the first 6ish weeks, but past that point he's been putting on more than an ounce a day, which is great for an exclusively breastfed baby.

(One month comparison)
P8082463

Proof that the days are getting better, here is the first smile I was finally able to capture on camera.  He's been smiling for sure for a week or two, and he's just starting to laugh a little when tickled.  He kills us in those cute moments!  We just hope there are more of those to come and fewer of the screamy days.

I'm headed back to work on Monday, and I'm looking forward to some adult conversation, but I know I'll miss my little guy.  Thankfully he'll be with Bryan Mon/Wed and me on Fridays, so he only has to go to daycare Tues/Thurs.


2 comments:

  1. Yes- shar pei! Ha ha. That's awesome. That smiling picture is so adorable!

    There are two ways to look at posting what is going on: 1. This is your online journal- the good AND the bad. Future parents may want to see what they are getting themselves into, current parents may have helpful suggestions/tricks to help you during the harder moments; or 2. You never want your son to see how hard it was.

    Personally, I think that I would be fascinated by anything that my mom wrote when I was an infant- good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first photo! We have a framed photo of Gavin sleeping, in a similar position, on top of a pile of children's books. It's one of my favorites and I look at it in amazement, to think that he's come such a long way since then. Precious times, indeed.

    As far as blogging about your journey - I think everyone views their blog differently. For some in your position, it's helpful to be able to put down your thoughts and feelings. For others, it's not the right space to vent. I think it's a very personal decision and I know you'll make the right one for you.

    ReplyDelete