I love DC, and I'm sad I don't have longer here. I would love to have B along with me too. I wandered near my hotel to find some dinner, and I came upon a charming little French bistro. B would have loved it, and although I enjoyed my book and the lovely hostess that gave me extra food when she found out I was pregnant "to nourish the mama and the baby," I missed my other half. It feels odd to try out new places with him. He's SUCH a foodie, and everyone that has ever met him knows that about him.
On the baby front, things are going well. Here's me, rockin' the maternity pants, at 15 weeks last Saturday:

I feel like I look a lot bigger, although I'm only up 4lbs so far. The nausea has subsided, and was brief in duration. I'm still tired, but it is nothing like it was several weeks ago. I attribute most of the tiredness now to the trouble sleeping, which everyone "helpfully" reminds me is only going to get worse. Other than that, I'm feeling very lucky that I'm doing well, and I'm feeling especially grateful to have a supportive husband that is very engaged and excited about our impending life change.
In preparation of the baby, we've been looking at smaller SUVs. While we like our Mazda3, it's small and wasn't a car that either of us loved. Since we share one car, we agreed it was time to start looking around. We drove the Subaru Forrester, Honda CRV, Kia Optima, and sat in the RAV4 (it was too ugly inside to even bother driving). Bryan dragged me kicking and screaming to try out the Chevy Equinox. It is currently the top rated SUV in its class, but I really dislike American cars. After driving it though, this now sits in our driveway :)

So far so good. We decided to lease this time. Our car payment isn't any more than the Mazda was, so we traded straight across. I can't wait to break in the 4WD with our final pre-baby ski trip on Saturday. B said he's even going to give it one more try!
You look great! Congrats on the new car!
ReplyDeleteWe recently sold our Mazda6 and bought a used Ford Escape Hybrid. Gotta make room for the still-growing dog and hopefully some kids sometime soon!
you are looking so healthy and radiant!!
ReplyDeletehope DC treated you well - at least the weather was good here last week! :)
ReplyDelete