Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ch ch ch changes

My how quickly life moves! Since I last blogged about 6 weeks ago:

- We moved...again
- B thought he was getting laid off
- B got to keep his job
- I got a spot on my work's Leadership Development Team
- My work promotion is delayed
- I stopped birth control
- I was supposed to take a trip to California to see a dying relative
- I canceled said trip to California when the relative died the week before I was supposed to go
- I found out the relative left me a very generous amount of money
- My grandma has gone more and more downhill since we moved her

Yes, it has been a very busy 6 weeks, but things are finally settling down. Although we had only moved into our apartment in the city in August, by the time the late fall cold started, we uncovered a very disconcerting moisture issue with the windows. It turned out to be a build issue, so there wasn't much that could be done about it. In the meantime, the wet windows/floors continued. Along with that came mold that was making us both sick. We decided to move, and thankfully they let us out of our lease without a penalty. We just moved last week to a place that's only 3 miles away, but it might as well be 300 miles. We've jumped ship from the trendy Pearl and we're now in an "up and coming" neighborhood. We're now in an old house converted into a triplex. The major perk - the rent is HALF of what we were paying! Additionally, we can both walk to work. So far so good!

More on the other bullets soon. For now, my bed is calling my name.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That does sound like a very busy last 6 weeks. That stinks that you guys had to move again, but paying HALF of what you used to would be VERY nice.

    What happened with your work promotion?

    No more birth contol? Does that mean you guys are going to start trying? :-)

    ReplyDelete