Friday, June 18, 2010

Favorite time of day

Some people love 5pm, when the work horn sounds and they are free to spend the evening as they choose. Some people love 5am, rising with the sun, and heading off to a morning exercise people. Some people love the 15 minutes in the morning with a freshly poured cup of coffee and the morning newspaper.

My favorite time is none of those (although all but 5am are nice times for me). My favorite time of the day is 6:12am. Exactly. That's the time the alarm goes off, waking us up with whatever happens to be on the radio at that time. (aside: damn the mornings when it is that really annoying Quizno's jingle that makes the hair on your arm stand on end).

I'm not a morning person at all, but at 6:12am, my husband sleepily pushes the snooze button, moves all the pillows out from the middle of the bed (we both like snuggle pillows), scoots towards me in our divine king-sized bed, and puts his arms around me nice and tight. For the next 10 glorious minutes I'm engulfed in his arms, remembering on our first date how I loved that he was a great hugger. I feel safe, loved, warm, and often fall back asleep for a few minutes. It is absolutely the highlight of my day. Sometimes it's just the little things.

When is your favorite time of day?

No comments:

Post a Comment